LiveCycle Designer for Beginners and New Users
This course is designed for form developers, IT personnel, and business professionals who want to learn how to create interactive and dynamic PDF and HTML forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
This course is a 2-day instructor-led workshop. You will learn how to create interactive and dynamic PDF and HTML forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. Our industry-leading LiveCycle Designer training courses are based on our best-selling Adobe Press books. This course has been reviewed and approved by the Adobe LiveCycle Designer engineering team and has been successfully taught to over 1,000 people in the past 7 years. The course is taught by Adobe Certified Instructors (ACI’s) and Adobe Certified Experts (ACE’s).
New HTML Mobile Forms
The course includes Designer's newest features and its ability to create HTML forms. You can now create 1 XDP file in LiveCycle Designer and LiveCycle ES4 will render it in all the formats you need for your organization including PDF and HTML.
This innovative course does not require any previous experience with Adobe LiveCycle Designer. You will start as a beginner but when you finish the course you will be able to create PDF and HTML forms to automate your organization or business.
Class members should have a Windows-based PC with a copy of Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 and either Adobe Acrobat or Reader installed.
Lesson 1: The Basics
- The Designer workspace, important Designer concepts, and customizing your environment
Lesson 2: Scripting
- The Benefits of Scripting, Fundamentals, and Debugging Scripts
Lesson 3: Creating an Interactive and Dynamic PDF
- Hands-on development of an interactive and dynamic form
- Connecting to an XML data schema and submitting data
Lesson 4: PDF and Acrobat
- The PDF Family
- The Acrobat Family and third-party viewers
Lesson 5: Best Practices for PDF
- Templates, custom objects, and tabbing
- Using form fragments at design time and run time
- Fonts in PDFs and in Designer
Lesson 6: HTML Forms
- Previewing your HTML forms
- Similarities and differences between PDF and HTML forms
Lesson 7: Creating HTML Forms
- Converting a PDF form for HTML Preview
- Creating an HTML form from scratch
The afternoon of the second day is a hands-on lab where students apply the course information to a real-world business challenge. The objective of the lab is to build and test interactive and dynamic PDF and HTML forms.
Contact us to learn more about this course
Download Course Outline